Caesar Portobello Mushrooms
recipe males 2 marinades for 2 Portobello Mushroom Caps Each
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 small square freezer containers, labeled
On Hand for cooking each entree
2 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and salt in a small bowl. Divide marinade evenly between the freezer containers. Into each container, measure 1 tsp garlic and 1/4 tsp pepper.
2. Seal and freeze
To cook one entree
This entree can be prepared outdoors on the grill or in the kitchen using your broiler.
1. Completely thaw one marinade in the refrigerator.
2. Marinate mushroom caps for 1 hour.
For outdoor cooking
1. Prepare a medium fire in a gas or charcoal grill.
2. Grill, turning occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Fill the inside of each mushroom cap with 2 Tablespoons parmesan and grill until melted.
For indoor cooking
Arrange mushrooms on an ungreased broiler pan. Broil under high heat, 5 inches from the heat source, for about 2 minutes on each side. Fill the inside of each mushroom cap with 2 Tablespoons Parmesan and broil until melted.