Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kool-Aid Day August 12-14

I LOVE playdough!  I love to create, feel, smell, yes, smell, and squish playdough.  ESPECIALLY when it is homemade and made with Kool-Aid.  Playdough made with Kool-Aid naturally takes on the color and smell of the playdough.
Kool-Aid Playdough
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
2(4 g) packages unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix
2 cups boiling water 
3 tablespoons oil
Mix flour, salt, Kool-Aid until blended.    
Add oil to boiling water, mix with spoon until cool enough to knead.
                                                  Continue kneading until color is blended. 


Store in air tight bag or container, or play with your dough.
Ahhhhhhhh, the smell of orange.

So, create several varieties of homemade playdough, and have a ball with this soft, delicious
smelling toy. 



8 comments:

  1. Awesome playdough idea!

    I'd love for you to link up to our "Crafts for Under Twenty-Somethings" Thursdays this week! It's a blog hop specifically for kids and teens ideas, so your ideas would be perfect! I'll hope you'll come link up this Thursday.

    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com


    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take me back! My mom used to make me playdough and then we would bake what I molded. Next time I watch my nephew, I have to make this :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it smell as good as I think it would? I think I would want to end up tasting it! haha! Very neat idea! I'd love for you to come link up at my Tuesday Tutorials Link Party! :)

    http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2011/08/tuesday-tutorials-link-party-no2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audra, I made it today with my kids. It does smell just as good and my 2 year old tried it many times. It doesn't taste very good, but he kept on trying. We only made 1/2 the recipe and it still made about 2 cups at least of playdough. I let them each pick a flavor.

    Fallon, do you know what your mom baked it at? My kids would love to have a product they can keep in the end too.

    ~Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too could imagine my littlest trying to eat it, she is 4 and still puts everything in her mouth! Saw you on linky party, now google friend following. Please pop by, Karima x www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this type of playdoh. We have also used jello (i didn't have koolaid) and it worked just as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...