white plastic tape (we used white duck tape)
18 oz plastic cup
9 oz clear plastic cup
black card stock (we used construction paper for the top and black electrical tape for the door & windows)
tacky glue (we used double stick tape)
battery-operated tea light (make sure to get ones with short flames, ours were too tall)
- Tape three white stripes around the red cup. (we only did two)
- Trace the bottom of the clear plastic cup onto the black card stock.
- Cut out the circle you traced, along with two small rectangles for the windows and a larger rectangle for the door (or use the black electrical tape for these).
- Trim the top inch or so from the clear cup so that it sits on the red cup with about a half inch overlap.
- Use tacky glue (or double stick tape) to adhere the black circle to the bottom of the clear cup.
- Glue (or tape) the windows and the door to the colored cup, set the tea light on the top, and place the plastic cup over the light.
You can see these instructions on Family Fun's website here.