Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cake Plate Pedestals

Yes, this is my third post about Thrift Store Finds.  If you haven't guessed, I love a good find.  I love to hit the thrift store and find unique jars, candlestick holders, and sundae dishes that I can turn into cake plates. 
One day I was at our local thrift store and the guy running it saw me looking at these cute little sundae jars.  He had $1.00 on each one.  He came over and told me if I took all 8 of them, he would give them to me for $2.00 total!  BARGAIN.
All you need to make these fun little conversation pieces is a plate, a pedistal(sundae dish, candle stick, wine glass, etc) and my favorite glue, E-6000.  You can find E-6000 at your local craft store or Wal-Mart.

Just glue the base to the plate.  I place a heavy book on top of the base to keep pressure on it.  It usually takes about 24 hours for it to dry.
Voi la'!  You have a fabulous cake plate.
This is one of my favorite finds from Goodwill.  It was 99 cents for the candlestick, and I found the plate for 25 cents.  I love how big and tall it is.

Get creative.  You can even make two tiered plates.  These are perfect for holiday treats, or a great gift for a new neighbor.
Happy Hunting!



8 comments:

  1. I love these! Great tutorial, easy breazy and someone like me could do this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, and so very easy. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! I would love it if you would come link this up to my link party! http://mommybydaycrafterbynight.blogspot.com/2011/08/ta-da-tuesday-link-party-1.html

    xoxo, Ashley J @ mommybydaycrafterbynight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! What a bargain those sundae dishes were! Your cake plates look terrific displayed together! Thanks for sharing.

    I'm hosting my monthly Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays party, and would love for you to come show off something you bought, did, or created Before Blogging. Can't wait to see what you bring to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a creative idea! Stop by and share you craft -- Coffee & Conversation Thursday! http://www.withashotofbrandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. They look amazing. If you get a chance I would love you to link your cake stands up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...