Monday, July 18, 2011

Blueberry/Blue Muffins ~ July is National Blueberry Month

My kids do not like big blueberries in their muffins, so I have found a way to get them to eat them.  We make "Blue Muffins".  I puree the blueberries and then mix them in the batter.  I also made a few for myself with the whole blueberries in the muffin mix.

Blueberry Muffins
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 cup blueberries
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Mix dry ingredients together and then add eggs, melted butter and milk to dry mixture and mix well.  (I poured some of this batter into some muffin liners and added a few whole blueberries for myself.)  Next put your blueberries in a food processor and puree them.  Pour the blueberries into the batter and mix well.  Fill the rest of your muffin liners with the blueberry batter.  Fill liners 3/4 full.  Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.  Makes 18.







This recipe can be found in the My Kids Meal Planner offering breakfast, lunch and snack planned for you for 5 weeks.  www.myfamilymealplanner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...