Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Splash Golf

It was 103 degrees yesterday. HOT!  The kids and I decided to create a new game called Splash Golf.  We went to the Dollar Tree and bought 6 buckets.  I cut vinyl numbers, 1-6, with my Silhouette Die Cut Machine. 

We filled the baskets with water, and each kid grabbed a sponge.  The rules are the same as golf.  You count how many throws it takes to get to the bucket.  Once you get to the next hole, you have to squeeze the sponge full of water over your head how ever many throws it took to get to the hole.

There were some funny antics in between holes;)

We also, spread sprinklers throught the "splash course" to keep the participants cool and comfy.

This game cost us less than $10, and we will be playing it for the rest of the summer.
Happy "Splash" golfing.


10 comments:

  1. Love it! My kids will think this game is a blast! You rock Family Embellishments - keep the great ideas coming:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and creative! Thanks for the idea, Amy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! My kids will love playing this game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT game idea! Awesome way to beat the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work creating a fun summer game! Love this idea : ) I'm going to share it on my crafty facebook page.
    Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THIS is a summer game for ALL ages! I love the creative thinking!

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy that looks so fun. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. Next time please add my link or button.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like fun and a great way to keep cool on those hot summer days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this looks like SOO much fun!

    I run Fun Family Crafts, a library of craft tutorials geared at kids of all ages. I would love it if you'd stop by and submit this to be featured! (I link to you, I don't post your tutorial on the site) Feel free to submit as many kid friendly craft tutorials as you like! http://funfamilycrafts.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...