Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Freezer Crock Pot Meals

I don't know about you, but 5 o'clock is such a rough time of day. Everyone is tired, hungry and grouchy, including me. I have 4 kids and want to make my life easier for that hour. I did a batch of freezer crock pot meals when my baby was just born and realized how nice it was to have my supper ready to go, so I decided it was time to do it again. All you do is assemble a bunch of crock pot meals at once by putting them in a freezer Ziploc bag and then throw them in the freezer. Then all you need to do is pull a bag out of the freezer and put it in the crock pot. (I do recommend letting it thaw out in the refrigerator first.) Yesterday I went to the store and took 4 grocery lists from the My Family Meal Planner Crock Pot Only meal planner. I bought all the ingredients and assembled all the meals into freezer Ziploc bags. It was really quick and easy. It took me a little less than 2 hours. I now have 16 different meals ready to go!
 
 
To prepare myself, I grabbed 4 of the lists from the crock pot only meal planner, crossed off what I already had and then went to the store.  When I got back, I put my 4 lbs of ground beef that I needed to have cooked in my crock pot.  It cooked on low for about 4 hours.  I chopped it it up every hour or so.  After it was finished I drained the grease.  My meat was ready.  I then got all of the Ziploc bags labeled.  I didn't put all the instructions on the bags because I figure I can just get out my meal planner and look at the instructions when I am ready to make it.  I started to assemble my meals.  To make it easier on myself, I took a pitcher and put my Ziploc bags in there so that I didn't have to try to hold the bag open and put the ingredients in.  Here is a picture, but it isn't very clear.  (It was a little difficult to take a picture while pouring.)
 
 
I am so excited about my freezer full of meals.  Another bonus was that I only had to do dishes once!  I love to use crock pot liners when I use my crock pot too.  Makes clean up so much easier.  If I do run out of liners, I will soak my pot for an hour or over night and then I will use the brown little Pampered Chef scraper that you get with their stones to get the crusty food off the sides.  Then I just wash it by hand.
 
If you would like to get a My Family Meal Planner Crock Pot Only, you can get it HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...