Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Crack

My friend introduced me to this new recipe and it is a winner!  I wanted to share it with you!  I will warn you now, it is very addicting...


Christmas Crack
Approximately 50 saltine crackers
2 sticks of butter (I tried to use margarine and it was kind of sticky)
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
1 cup of M&M's, slightly crushed

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.  Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and spray generously with cooking spray.  My pan is 13x17.  Line pan with saltine crackers.  In a medium sized pot, melt butter and sugar together.  Bring it to a rapid boil and let it boil for exactly 3 minutes, stir continuously.  Remove the pan from the heat and pour it over the crackers.  Spread the mixture the best you can.  Then pop it in the the oven for 7-8 minutes.  Then pour your 2 cups of chocolate chips over top.  Return your pan to the oven for approximately 2 minutes or until the chocolate chips have melted enough you can spread them over the crackers.  Spread the chocolate evenly over the crackers.  Sprinkle the M&M's on top.  You can also add sprinkles, Reese's piece could be good, or my friend used some Andes peppermint chips.  Place the pan in the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.  Once it has hardened, break the pieces off the foil and enjoy!  This would be a great treat to give neighbors, friends, teachers, coworkers, etc.  Plus it is super quick and easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...